Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowl 43

So I just finished watching the Superbowl and I gotta say I think the game is rigged. Now I am not just saying this because I do not particularly like the Steelers, but I feel like it is all about money these days, and what makes money... entertainment. Think about it, the game was going pretty slow for a while there. No one had scored for a long time, and people around me (and probably elsewhere) were beginning to lose interest. We actually started watching a movie on another channel and were just flipping back to the Superbowl to watch the commercials. At one point, we timed it wrong and flipped back to the Superbowl while the game was actually playing, we noticed that the Cardinals were near their end zone and started watching again. The Cardinals scored, and it was getting exciting again so we actually kept it on the same channel for the remainder of the game. Interesting how just as we were losing interest something exciting happened and we were sucked back in, huh. And then of course Holmes made that incredible catch with three men on him in the end zone with just a few seconds to go to win the game for the Steelers, exciting. Maybe too exciting?

No comments:

Post a Comment