Sunday, February 8, 2009

Interviews

I read the article about the biggest interview mistakes you could make, and I did not think that the things they listed were all that bad. The examples that i did think would be big mistakes were: don't treat the secretary poorly and don' t lie in your interview. I have had job interviews before but they were not too bad because i basically already new I was getting the jobs. I disagreed with the advice, "do not ask stupid questions." They mention in the article that asking stupid questions makes you sound unprepared. I have been asked in an interview if I have any questions and i never really do, but i ask one anyways. I usually know the answer to the question that I ask, but I ask it anyway because the interviewer always sounds disappointed when i say i do not have any questions. They seem to like being able to answer any questions one may have. In the article they explained asking questions you can find the answers to on your own makes you sound unprepared but i think its good to verify your information. I think the best thing to do before going into an interview is just to relax and not worry to much about the interview itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment